Wednesday, December 20, 2006

11/28 Tuesday

I went to have lunch with a girl named Wen Yang from Hai Nan, the Hawaii of China. She is currently interning at a law firm in Beijing. We went to a Cantonese restaurant and had a really good meal. We had some leftovers so I took them back with me on the bus. At the exchange station, there was a beggar asking for money, so I gave him my leftovers instead. Wen Yang commented that there are beggars in Beijing who are really millionaires trying out a different lifestyle or something. I find that hard to believe.

In the evening I went to play 5 on 5 soccer at Chao Yang Park with the Barbarians. There were about 4 tiny soccer pitches for 5 on 5 soccer near the east entrance to the park. The games are short, having only 15 minute halves. We played two teams, winning the first and losing the second. By doing this, we secured 3rd place in the 1st division of the league.

No comments: