Wednesday, December 13, 2006

11/20 Monday

I could barely move in the morning from playing soccer.

While I lay in bed, I worried that I would find a band of taxi drivers camping out in front of the school gate, waiting for my return, and I would still have no money to pay the driver I had run away from last night.

The first thing I had to do was get some money. I went to the Construction Bank again, but the ATM still wouldn’t allow me to withdraw any money. I talked to the manager there but he was really unable offer me any advice other than to wait. I decided to give up on the Construction Bank and biked to a Bank of China farther to the east. I knew the surcharge would be large, but I desperately needed the money.

After finally withdrawing money I went shopping for clean drinking water, a new phone card, and food.

I spend the rest of the day recuperating from the hectic weekend.

No comments: