Saturday, November 11, 2006

11/2 Thursday

I showed Colm the dumpling place I have been going to near the Peninsula Hotel for lunch. The meal was cheap and good.

After lunch, Colm and I went to the Hilton hotel a few buildings down from the apartments in the Oriental Plaza complex. We ordered some tea and sat down in some comfy chairs to relax and get some work done. Colm caught up on events in America and in the world with a couple of magazines, while I plugged in my laptop to catch up on some missed reporting.

At around six o’clock Colm met and interviewed a boy who is interested in going to Choate. He is currently in an international school in Beijing as a 9th grader, and would like to transfer this year to choate or go next year to repeat his freshman year. His father was the “father of the internet” in China according to Colm, and owns Yahoo China as well as a few other dot coms. I met and talked to the boy with Colm after the interview. He seems very nice, and a good fit for Choate. He enjoys ping pong and swimming. We were also able to meet with his parents and answer their questions about Choate. He seems to have been very well raised, and his parents want exactly what Choate can offer him.

We stayed at the Hilton a while longer reading and writing before we went to have dinner. We watched a movie called ‘Click’ with Adam Sandler, and even thought I only watched the first and last 20 minutes of it, because I was online in the other room, I found it quite entertaining.

No comments: